Friday, June 4, 2010

CSA

Last night was my first CSA pickup of the season. I already knew that this summer's CSA would be very different from last year. Not only was I doing my own pickup, but Steve has been extremely diligent about keeping everyone up to date on the Parker Farm's website and on the Parker Farm Facebook page. It definitely has more of a community feel to it than the CSA that I participated in last year. On pickup days, he sends a reminder e-mail and lets us know what we can expect that week.

So I already had a lot of positive feelings about Steve and Parker Farm, and I am happy to say that he did not disappoint. Not only did the CSA get an early start this year (many do not start until later in June), but the first share was quite a windfall:
  • 1 head Bibb lettuce
  • 1 head red leaf lettuce
  • 1 bunch chicory
  • 1 head pak choi
  • 1 bunch mizuna
  • 1 bunch spinach
  • 1 bunch pea tendrils
  • 1 bunch red Russian kale
And that was a small share - the large share had two of everything. And the greens looked great! Vibrant colors and not a single wilted leaf. I can't wait to try the mizuna - even though I see it at all of the farmer's markets, I have yet to sample some.

No comments:

Post a Comment