Thursday, November 12, 2009

dinner

This was a pretty easy dinner. I would say it took about 45 minutes for prep and cooking time.

Tis the season for brussels sprouts and apple cider, so I made roasted brussels sprouts and apples from the latest issue of Cooking Light (November 2009). I love recipes like this... it was quick, it scaled up nicely (I used 2 lbs of sprouts, the recipe calls for 1/2 lb), and you can be flexible - I threw some extra apples in. This photo was taken prior to roasting.


For an entree, we had mustard and maple syrup glazed Coho salmon with quinoa (2/3 red, 1/3 white). No, Coho is not in season, so the fish was previously frozen.


For dessert, I made a pumpkin cake from Cooking Light (October 2004) but due to poor planning I didn't frost it. The cake wasn't overly sweet, and it was quite dense. It was served with Haagen Dazs vanilla and ginger ice creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment