Monday, October 5, 2009

CSA

This week I received green leaf lettuce, dandelion greens, grapes (the same delicious little ones from last week), two big beefsteak tomatoes, green peppers, radishes, corn on the cob (yawn), lots and lots of plums, and an acorn squash! I'm excited about the squash. Not so excited about figuring out what to do with the corn. I have been away for almost a week, so I still have things leftover from last week (cabbage, for instance, and apples, which will probably be used in the Shaker walnut apple cake from Cooking Light a couple of years ago).

Last week I made zucchini and summer squash noodles...



Tonight I just made scrambled eggs with peppers and onions.




I'm pretty busy this week, so I don't know when I'll have time to cook. It's a shame, because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now, and having some quiet cooking time would probably help relieve my stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment