Tuesday, October 20, 2009

CSA

Once again... CORN. I didn't realize you could so easily find corn on the cob in October. But there it was in the CSA crate again. There was also cabbage, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, a variety of peppers, a butternut squash... and a kumbocha squash. I had seen these at the grocery store, but I would not have dared try one... until attending the Formaggio Kitchen Oktoberfest class on Sunday evening. Julie served a kumbocha squash puree which was delicious. I remember liking the bratwurst they served with it, but I was so taken with the squash puree that the sausage was not my focus.

I still had a head of cabbage from last week, so I made this unstuffed stuffed cabbage recipe from Gourmet tonight and I love it. Reminds me of my mother's cooking! I will definitely make it again.

I'm thinking about signing up for a winter CSA but I haven't decided yet. I'm looking at Boston Organics and Enterprise (delivered by Metro Pedal Power). The delivery would happen on a Wednesday, which complicates things a little. I'm usually home on Mondays and Tuesdays, but later in the week it's a little harder to predict. And as someone said, do I really like kale all that much?

No comments:

Post a Comment